Art Race T & Cs
The Great Northern Beaches Art Race Terms & Conditions
Artists of all ages and experience are invited to compete against the clock in a day of intense fun and competition set in an around beautiful Newport village.
- Sunday December 8 is “Race Day”
- 10:00am competing artists will receive a painting location by random draw.
- Race begins with a siren at 11:00am as artists race against the clock in this three hour painting challenge.
- 2:00pm the siren blows and artists return to Burt Payne Reserve for judging, live music, sale and display of artwork.
- Are you up for the challenge?
- Artist entry fee for the Art Race is $25.
- Interested artists are required to register online application by 10th Nov 2019.
1. Registration Information and Details
Artists are required to complete an online registration form.
2. Entry Fee
Entry in the Race is $25 per artist, payable via direct deposit at the time of your online entry.
3. Race Day
- Competing artists must arrive at Burt Payne Reserve Newport Beach at 10.00am on Race Day – Sunday 8th December, with an easel, paints & canvas (no larger than 30” x 30”)
- Artists will be then be assigned a painting location by random draw, before proceeding to their assigned location to set up.
- The race begins with a siren at 11:00am and artists race against the clock in this three hour painting challenge.
- At 2:00pm the siren blows again and artists return to Burt Payne Reserve with their paintings. Works are displayed on their easels for judging, sale and display of artwork.
- A live concert will accompany the judging and the public are invited to vote on their favourite work for a peoples choice prize
4. Judging, Prizes and Awards
An independent Judging Panel will select the prize-winner and any decision by the Judging Panel will be final.
- A non-aquisitional 1st prize of $500 will be awarded for the best painting of the day
- The public are invited to vote for their favourite painting for a people’s choice award
5. Installation and Removal of work
- Competing artists will display their work on easels at Burt Payne Reserve for judging and exhibition from 2.00pm – 5.00pm.
- Artists must provide a drop sheet to ensure that they do not stain or damage their painting location.
- Artists must ensure that they remove all rubbish and any painting equipment/materials.
All risk during the exhibition remains with the artists at all times. Totem Arts Festival takes no responsibility and provides no insurance cover for damage to or theft of any items associated with the exhibition, during the exhibition, irrespective of whomever handles the work.
Works may be offered for sale throughout the race & exhibition.
Totem Arts Festival does not charge commission on sales.
Works for sale must include artist’s contact phone number and any sales must be arranged directly with the purchaser. Works must remain on display from 2.00pm – 5.00pm on the 8th December 2019.
8. Images of Works
The artist authorizes Totem Arts Festival to reproduce the artwork and/or images of the competitors on their website, publicity, in media releases and other promotions including social media, in relation to Totem Arts Festival.
All queries regarding the Art Race and entry form can be made via email to: email@example.com