Creative Trail T & Cs
Creative Trail Terms & Conditions
Now in it’s 7th year, the The Newport Creative Trail (previously Newport Sculpture Trail), is now open to sculptors, painters and installation artists. Emerging and established artists are invited to showcase their work in businesses and venues, in and around Newport Village. And as always, artworks may be offered for sale (with no commission).
- The 2019 Newport Creative Trail runs from Friday 29th Nov till Sunday 15th Dec.
- Artists selected, will be required to install their artworks at their designated sites between 9am and 3pm on Friday the 29th of November in order to allow time for judging prior to the launch of the trail.
- There will be a (non acquisitional) prize pool of over $2000, which will be announced at the Creative Trail launch event on Friday 29th Nov, at the Kave Bar, Newport.
- Artist entry fee is $50.
- Reduced entry fee for multiple entries.
1. Registration Information and Details
Entries in The Newport Creative Trail must be the original work of the artist.
Artists are required to complete an online application form.
ALL details on the entry form must be completed, including bios and/or artist’s statement.
2. Entry Fee
There is a $50 non-refundable Entry Fee for each entry which is payable via direct deposit at the time of your entry submission. Multiple entries may be submitted – subsequent entries at $40 per entry.
3. Selection Panel
A Selection Committee will consider all entries and its decision on works selected will be final. Successful artists will be notified of their designated venue by 17th November 2019. All works must be professionally completed, ready to hang or display, and able to be installed safely for public exhibition. Any work that is deemed not fit for exhibition will be excluded from the exhibition.
4. Judging Panel, Prizes and Awards
An independent Judging Panel will select the prize-winners and any decision by the Judging Panel will be final. Announcement of the members of the Judging Panel will be made on the Totem Arts Festival website prior to the opening of the Trail.
There will be a (non acquisitional) prize pool of over $2000, which will be announced at the Creative Trail launch event on Friday 29th Nov, at the Kave Bar, Newport.
- A non-aquisitional 1st prize of $XXXX will be awarded for the best overall entry (either 2 or 3D)
- Additional prizes will be awarded for runners up and ‘best of category’ winners
5. Installation and Removal of work
Artists selected, will be required to install their artworks at their designated sites between 9am and 3pm on Friday the 29th of November in order to allow time for judging prior to the launch of the trail.
- Paintings and other works for hanging must be supplied with D-rings and string for hanging.
- Artists exhibiting sculptures or other 3D works must supply their own white plinth to display their work.
- Artists must arrange a time with the venue to collect their work after 16th December.
All risk during the exhibition remains with the artists at all times. Totem Arts Festival takes no responsibility and provides no insurance cover for damage to or theft of any items associated with the exhibition, during the installation and de-installation processes and throughout the exhibition, irrespective of whomever handles the work.
Works may be offered for sale throughout the exhibition.
Totem Arts Festival does not charge commission on sales.
Works for sale must include artist’s contact phone number and any sales must be arranged directly with the purchaser. Works must remain on display until the end of the exhibition 15th December 2019.
8. Images of Works
Good quality images must be submitted for each entry.
- 2D – at least ONE good quality JPEG image (minimum 300 dpi)
- 3D – at least TWO good quality JPEG images (minimum 300 dpi)
The second image must be taken from a different angle to help with the selection process.
The artist authorizes Totem Arts Festival to reproduce the artwork on their website for people’s choice voting, in the exhibition catalogue, publicity, in media releases and other promotions including social media, in relation to Totem Arts Festival.
All queries regarding the exhibition and entry form can be made via email to: email@example.com