<20>60 T & Cs
<20>60 Inter-Generational Art Prize Terms & Conditions
Combining the wealth of experience of those over 60, with the enthusiasm and innovative perspectives of younger artists, is a potent combination that we believe will lead to the creation of some truly remarkable work. Given the scope of new media and technology available to younger artists, the competition is open to the submission of 2D, 3D, digital and performance collaborations.
- We invite entrants under 20 and over 60 years of age to collaborate on an artwork.
- Entry is open to the submission of 2D, 3D, digital and performance collaborations.
- Finalists will be showcased in an exhibition on Saturday 30th November – Sunday 1st December, at the Newport Community Centre, culminating on Sunday afternoon with the announcement of winners, presentation of the major prize and awards, and music event.
- Finalists will be presented on the Totem Arts Festival Website, for the public to view and cast their vote for people’s choice.
1. Registration Information and Details
Entries in <20>60 must have been created jointly by an individual under 20 years of and in collaboration with an individual over 60 years of age. Artists are required to complete an online application. ALL details on the entry form must be completed, including bios and/or artist’s statements from both collaborating participants.
2. Entry Fee
There is a $35 non-refundable Entry Fee for each joint entry which is payable via direct deposit at the time of your entry submission. Multiple entries may be submitted – subsequent entries at $25 per entry
3. Selection Panel
A Selection Committee will consider all entries and its decision on works selected will be final. Artists both successful and unsuccessful in their entry will be notified by 17th November 2019. All works must be professionally completed, ready to hang or display, and able to be installed safely for public exhibition. All works must be the original work of the collaborating artists. Any work that is deemed not fit for exhibition will be excluded from the exhibition.
4. Judging Panel, Prizes and Awards
An independent Judging Panel will select the prize-winners and any decision by the Judging Panel will be final. Announcement of the members of the Judging Panel will be made on the Totem Arts Festival website prior to the opening of the exhibition. Prize-winners for most categories will be announced on Sunday 1st December at the finalist’s exhibition at the Newport Community Centre on 1st December 2019. The People’s Choice Awards will be announced on the Totem Arts Festival website at the end of the Arts Festival on 15th December 2019.
- A non-acquisitional first prize of $1000 will be awarded for the best collaboration.
- Non-cash prizes will be awarded for ‘best of category’ winners
5. Installation and Removal of work
All works must be delivered at 11.00am sharp on Saturday 30th November to the Newport Community Centre, 11-13 The Boulevarde, Newport NSW 2106.
- Artists must ensure works are clearly labelled on delivery, with the title of the work and name of the artist.
- Paintings and other works for hanging must be supplied with D-rings and string for hanging.
- Artists exhibiting sculptures or other 3D works must supply their own white plinth to display their work.
- Performance artists will be assigned a time for their performance on Sunday 1st
- Artists must collect their work between 6.30 and 7.30 on Sunday 1st
All risk during the exhibition remains with the artists at all times. Totem Arts Festival takes no responsibility and provides no insurance cover for damage to or theft of any items associated with the exhibition, during the installation and de-installation processes and throughout the exhibition, irrespective of whomever handles the work.
Works may be offered for sale throughout the exhibition.
Totem Arts Festival does not charge commission on sales.
Works for sale must include artist’s contact phone number and any sales must be arranged directly with the purchaser. Works must remain on display until the end of the exhibition.
8. Images of Works
Good quality images must be submitted for each entry.
- 2D – at least ONE good quality JPEG image (minimum 300 dpi).
- 3D – at least TWO good quality JPEG images (minimum 300 dpi)
The second image must be taken from a different angle to help with the selection process.
- Performance – short video (no more than 3mb)
The artist authorizes Totem Arts Festival to reproduce the artwork on their website for people’s choice voting, in the exhibition catalogue, publicity, in media releases and other promotions including social media, in relation to Totem Arts Festival.
All queries regarding the exhibition and entry form can be made via email to: firstname.lastname@example.org